Thank you for your interest in the strategic planning process at Reed College. We are pleased to share preliminary reports produced by the eleven working groups. In order to access the reports, your Reed College Kerberos username and password will be required. If you need assistance, please contact Computer User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-777-7525.
On each report, you will find an email link to provide comments to the working group leadership. You may also send general comments about the strategic planning process to the Ad Hoc Strategic Priorities Committee at email@example.com.
As outlined by President Kroger and the Ad Hoc Strategic Priorities Committee at the beginning of this process, one of the basic premises is that this effort will engage as many members of the community as possible and facilitate a greater institutional awareness among members of the Reed community. Please take the time to review the reports and provide input as explained above.
It remains the committee's plan that final reports will be completed in April 2014. The Reed College board of trustees will meet with the faculty and the college’s senior staff in June 2014 to consider these reports.
Further details about strategic planning, including a timeline and description of the various working groups can be found on the strategic planning website.
--Ad Hoc Strategic Priorities Committee
Working Group Reports
- Group A: Foundational Curriculum
- Group B: Intermediate and Advanced Curriculum
- Group C: The Arts at Reed
- Group D: Education Outside the Classroom
- Group E: January and Summer Term
- Group F: Community Governance & Academic Administrative Structure
- Group G: Research, Teaching, and the Liberal Arts College
- Group H: Faculty and Staff Quality of Life
- Group I: Whom Do We Want to Educate
- Group J: Student Success
- Group K: Long-Term Financial Health of the College