- Hometown: Portland, Oregon
- Adviser: Wally Englert
- Thesis: Words of a Concealed Woman: What Clytemnestra is Actually Saying
- What it’s about:I’m translating four of Clytemnestra’s speeches. I really think there’s more to Clytemnestra that modern audiences realize. There’s a tendency to write her off as a crazy bitch who just kills her husband and rejects her children, whereas I find her to be a master actor who is in command of herself the whole time and can travel in and out of whatever persona is desired in the present circumstances.
- What it’s really about: What Athenian dramatists permitted and prevented female characters from saying on stage.
- Cool stuff: Pursued professional acting career while at Reed. Studied in Athens. Gray Fund and Admission Office intern. Lived in the now infamous Running with Scissors dorm freshman year.
- Financial Aid: Yes
- Random Thoughts: I was really challenged at Reed. Ultimately, it gave me confidence. It’s been wonderful. For four years, we get to focus on becoming the people we want to be. I am so grateful I got the chance to do that, thanks to the financial aid office. Reed opened my eyes to my true potential both intellectually and emotionally.