1911-30
The library is housed under the chapel on the main floor of the Arts and Sciences Building (Eliot Hall).

1930
The original library, designed by Pietro Belluschi, consisted of the north and south reading rooms (now the reference rooms), the thesis tower, and basement stacks. It was dedicated the Eric V. Hauser Memorial Library and has seen construction activity in every decade, except the 1990s, since its creation.

1946
Following WWII, an east wing was added-the main floor to house the Veteran's Guidance Center, and the basement for additional stacks.



Next Page
Next Page