Planning an event for the Reed community? The steps below outline what you can do to promote your event both on and off campus.
EVENT SELF-PROMOTION GUIDELINES
- Connect with Reed’s conference & events planning office to reserve a room on campus and to make use of their planning tools.
- Submit a listing of your event to At Reed. Submissions post to the At Reed web page within 24 hours, and a weekly email featuring a few upcoming events is sent to the campus community each Thursday when classes are in session and every other Thursday during summer.
- Submit your event to local media listings. If your event is open to the public and you want to attract a general Portland audience, you can contact the free listings sections of local publications:
- Create a poster for your event using one of our templates and have it printed in printing services, located in Eliot 132. Print-ready PDF files should be either emailed to printing services or delivered on a thumb drive. The maximum size for posters is 12" x 18".
- Hang posters of your event around town. If your event is open to the public and you want to attract a general Portland audience, you can hang up flyers or posters in coffee shops and other venues. For a fee, Ambling Bear Distributor will distribute your posters for you: 503/239-8849.
For major events that advance the reputation of Reed College, public affairs may offer assistance in creating posters, mailers, and html emails, scheduling spots on local radio stations, creating ads for newspapers, and sometimes adding a note about the event on one of the college’s official social media channels. Contact our office at least eight weeks before the event for assistance.