- You should have received a letter from Reed with an activation code and instructions for creating your IRIS account. IRIS, which stands for Integrated Reed Information System, is Reed's password-protected website for community members. If you have not received your activation code, please call the Orientation office at 503/777-7530. You won’t be able to get started and complete required forms without signing in to IRIS.
- Most forms, available online through IRIS, are due June 15. Descriptions for the forms appear on our Getting Started page.
- Odyssey trips fill to capacity most years. The earlier you register, the more likely you are to get a spot.
- Don’t forget to check your reed.edu email account (or set it up to forward to an account that you check frequently). Important Orientation information will be sent to your Reed email address; other important information will be sent to that address during the entire time you study at Reed.
- Forms for the Health & Counseling Center are due July 15 and are required for attending classes. You received an addressed, stamped envelope for these forms in your orientation Getting Started mailing. Please make sure you have obtained the necessary signatures from your health care providers and mail the completed forms to the Health & Counseling Center in the confidential envelope provided.
- In early July, you received an email with instructions about completing the online program Think About It. This program addresses important campus issues including sexual and relationship violence as well as alcohol and other drug use during college. Completion of this program is mandatory. Please contact Rowan Frost if you have questions about this program or have not received the email about this program.
- Bookstore orders placed online by August 2 will be ready for pick up when you arrive on campus. To place preorders, visit the bookstore website.
- Parents, Guardians & Families
- Please register for Parent & Family Orientation. Don't delay: register today! If you have already signed up, thanks for planning ahead.
- Your room assignment from residence life will come by email in early August.
- Wondering what you can and cannot bring for your residence halls or what Reed provides? Check the packing list to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- Check the Orientation site to make sure you're arriving at the right time for your check-in. Early check-in is not available.
- Friday, August 19, 1–5 p.m., Kaul Auditorium
- SEEDS, outdoor trip and Peer Mentor Program participants (preregistration required to participate). Other students can not check in at this time.
- International students: contact Dana Lawson if you are unsure when or where to meet.
- Tuesday, August 23, 9 a.m.–2 p.m., Kaul Auditorium
- All new students who are not participating in an Odyssey can check in during this time.
- Parents, Guardians & Families
- Parents & Families have an Orientation check-in too! Come to the Gray lounge in Kaul Auditorium to check in for Parent & Family Orientation on Friday, August 19, 1–5 p.m., or Tuesday, August 23, 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
Still have questions about Parent & Family Orientation? Please feel free to email us or call 503/777-7530.