Leadership at Reed
Application Process for Reed Leadership Academy
The application process includes the submission of an application, resume, and participation in an interview. Here is the application timeline:
- October 7 - application available
- November 1 - application and resume due by 5pm in the Student Center; please sign up for an interview time in the Student Center when you submit your completed application
- November 9 - interviews
- Week of November 22 - admission decisions
- Early December - welcome event
You must take two steps to apply to RELAY:
1. Submit a written application by November 1, 2013 at 5pm in the Student Center.
2. Have an individual interview on November 9, 2013.
Before you jump in and fill out an application, take the time to thoroughly read the application and details about the RELAY program. You are also encouraged visit our table on October 9-11, 2013 from 12 to 1 p.m. in Commons.
PART ONE: WRITTEN APPLICATION
Your written application package is made up of the application form, your resume, answers to two short essay questions, and an authorization to release academic information. Details about what to include on the resume as well as the essay questions themselves are on the application form.
If you have never put a resume together before or want help making yours top-notch, the Center for Life Beyond Reed can help you. They provide:
- resume-writing sessions;
- walk-in hours, during which you can receive a critique of your completed resume.
Turn in your completed application no later than November 1, 2013 at 5pm in the Student Center. Please note: Without exception, late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
PART TWO: INDIVIDUAL INTERVIEW
When you submit your written application, please sign up for an interview time in the Student Center. All applicants must participate in an interview; interviews will take place on November 9, 2013. The Center for Life Beyond Reed offers workshops to help you prepare for interviews.