|Class-specific resources||Recommended dictionaries|
|Language-specific resources||Literary and cultural resources|
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online (Reed only): German-English and English-German dictionaries with audio of native-speaker pronunciation
- German <-> English Dictionary
- LEO German-English Dictionary
- Bab.la: also includes vocabulary and grammar quizzes, games, and flashcards
- yourDictionary.com - German
- Dict.cc German-English Dictionary
The following software on CD-ROM is available for checkout at the IMC desk:
- Brockhaus kleines Konversationslexikon (dictionary) IMC AE27.B89 2001 CD-ROM
- DUDEN Grossworterbuch (dictionary) IMC PF3640.D84 2001 CD-ROM
- Duden: die deutsche Rechtschreibung (spell- and grammar-checker) IMC PF3625.D834 2000 CD-ROM
- Learn German Now! (interactive software) IMC PF 3112.7.L43 2000 CD-ROM
|Word: Use Word's built-in special characters.||Typing special characters: Easily add special characters.|
|International keyboard: Change your keyboard behavior so you can use special key combinations for special characters.||Keyboard layout setup: Type using a German keyboard.|
|Keyboard layout setup: Type using a German keyboard.||Keyboard Viewer: View keyboard layouts.|
On-screen keyboard: View keyboard layouts.
- German-Grammar - An online manual to learning german, for beginners to intermediate learners.
- Dartmouth's guide to German grammar - A review of german grammar.
- German grammar exercises - Handouts and worksheets for practicing german grammar.
- German grammar roadmap - Tips for learning german.
- Deutsch im Netz - Animated german grammar tutorials.
- Sprachnudel - An online dictionary for modern german slang.
- Multikultura: Deutsch - Audio and text activities for the german learner.
- Automatic Pronunciation Evaluation - Assesses German vowel pronunciation and suggests ways to improve. Create an account to use.
- Phonetik: Dei Laute des Deutschen - Examples of German phonetic including audio and video.
- Research guide for German-language literature (Reed Library)
- German studies web Maintained by the Western European Studies Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- 19th century German stories
- Project Gutenberg - An online resource for german texts.
- Eurodocs - German documents throughout history.
- Goethe Institut - The german language and cultural center.
- DAAD, Deutsche Akademischer Austausch Dienst, German Academic Exchange Service.
- German texts online - Summaries and analyses of certain German texts.
- ON3 Radio - The young adult radio and tv station from Bayerischen Rundfunk.
- NDR Radio - Northern German radio programming, there are 8 different stations offered.
- "Meet the Germans" - Goethe Institut's page on all things German: Was ist typisch Deutsch?
- Genuss - German recipes
- Kinderrezepte - Hier findet Ihr nicht nur spezielle Kinderrezepte sondern auch kindergeeignete Familienrezepte.
- Cookingclub - Entdeckt die zahlreichen Funktionen und Inhalte, die Euch beim Entdecken, Zubereiten und Servieren neuer Kochrezepte unterstützen.
- Berliner Morgenpost
- Frankfurter Rundschau
- Spiegel Online
- die Tageszeitung
- die Zeit (also in print; shelved by title in the Pollock Browsing Room)
- die Süddeutsche Zeitung
- Titanic-Magazin, Germany's satirical magazine
- Die Pinakotheken im Kunstareal München - Five of Munich's most influential art museums showcasing works dating from as early as the 13th century to the present-day.
- Haus der Kunst - Built by the Nazi regime, Haus der Kunst now houses modern, often controversial artworks from throughout the world.
- Leopold Museum in Vienna exhibits modern and expressionist work from some of the most well-known Viennese artists of the 20th Century.
- Museuminsel Berlin - Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Museum island in Berlin is comprised of 5 museums and galleries known not only for the artworks on display but also for buildings' architectural beauty, as well.
Higher Education in Germany
- Ludwig- Maximilians Universität - LMU's German Literature and Language Department's website.
- Freie Universität Berlin - Institute for German Literature and Language.
- Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz - Department of Germanistik.
- Universität Tübingen
- Cherry Blossoms (Drama, 2008): A terminally ill man is crushed by the sudden and unexpected death of his beloved wife, and decides to honor her memory by travelling to Japan for the cherry blossom festival. (researched and summarized by Madison Gordon)
- The Edge of Heaven (2007): A series of intertwining stories about Turkish families living in both Turkey and Germany. (researched and summarized by Madison Gordon)