Summer Experience Award
The Summer Experience Award offers Reed students on an F-1 visa the opportunity to complement their academic studies with an unpaid summer internship focused on an area of interest and possible future employment. The award was created to provide international students on F-1 visas with off-campus experiences that would typically be unattainable because of restrictions on paid internships. This year’s Summer Experience Award will be granted to at least three students, each receiving a maximum of $3750 to cover their expenses while participating in an unpaid internship.
The deadline to apply for the award is Monday, March 28, 2011 at 5pm. All applications need to be turned in to the ISS office (GCC 104). An information session will be held on Thursday, February 10th at 5:30pm in GCC 103. If you have any questions about the Summer Experience Award, please contact David Rivera.
Requirements for Receiving Award
- Student must be attending Reed on an F-1 visa at the time the award is made
- Student must be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior at Reed in the summer of 2011
- Awards will be made only for unpaid internships
- Internship must be for a minimum of six weeks of work of at least 20 hours per week
- Internship must be in the United States
- Students selected to receive the award will share their experience with the Reed community in the fall of 2011, including oral presentations and a written statement.