Staff Policies and Procedures Manual
Volunteers are welcome at Reed College and provide valuable services in support of the regular paid staff. No paperwork is required when volunteering other than any records asked for by the individual department.
A paid non-exempt employee of the college may not volunteer or otherwise perform services for the college on an unpaid basis unless the following conditions are met:
- work must be performed for a public, religious or humanitarian service;
- without expectation of pay;
- at the employee's initiative;
- on the employee's own time; and
- the duties must not be his/her regular job duties.
last revised: 2/13/2012
last reviewed: 3/15/2013