Applying for Aid
Applying for Financial Aid 2017-18: Current Students
(If you are a current international student, click here)
(If you are interested in federal aid only, such as the Pell Grant, SEOG, Federal Work Study, Perkins Loan, Direct Loan, and Direct PLUS loan, click here)
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2017. The FAFSA is an online application available at www.fafsa.gov. The FAFSA is required to determine your eligibility for federal funding. Federal funding includes the Pell Grant, SEOG, Perkins Loan, Federal Work Study, Direct Loan, and Direct PLUS Loan. Since most financial aid packages at Reed include some federal funding, you must also file the FAFSA to be considered for institutional funding. (Foreign nationals applying for aid are not required to file the FAFSA).
- File the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE by April 15, 2017. The CSS PROFILE is an online application. The CSS PROFILE is required to determine your eligibility for institutional funding. You do not need to file the CSS PROFILE if you only want to be considered for federal financial aid. (Foreign nationals applying for financial aid must file the CSS PROFILE.)
- If tax and other documents are required to complete your application, you will be notified by the College Board IDOC service or the Reed College Financial Aid Office.
- Submit a 2017-18 Authorization to Release Information form (optional) to the financial aid office. If a student would like to release financial information to parent(s) or another party, please complete this optional form.
If you wish to check the status of your financial aid application, log in to Banner Self-Service.
Review of on time applications begins in May and decisions will be made available to you electronically beginning in early June. Late applications (those completed after May 1st) are reviewed after June 15th on a rolling, date prioritized basis.
2017-18 Financial aid deadlines for current students
|FAFSA CODE 003217||Submit to: FAFSA.gov||Submit by April 15, 2017|
|PROFILE CODE 4654||Submit to: College Scholarship Service (CSS)||Submit by April 15, 2017|
Late Applications Have Consequences
- Applications completed by:
- May 1 – (On Time) = Full Consideration
- May 2 – July 1 = 10-40% Reduction in Reed Grant
- After July 1 – NO INSTITUTIONAL AID, federal aid only
If you are a current international student, you must file the CSS PROFILE no later than April 15, 2017 and include Reed as a recipient (code 4654).
If you are applying for federal aid only, such as the Pell Grant, SEOG, Federal Work Study, Perkins Loan, Direct Loan, and Direct PLUS loan, you must submit the FAFSA, but you do not need to file the CSS PROFILE. For priority processing and to ensure that federal aid is set up by the start of fall semester, please file the FAFSA no later than July 1st, 2017. After your FAFSA has been reviewed, we will notify you if any further information or documentation is required.