VOLLUM COLLEGE CENTER
Named to honor Tektronix founder Howard Vollum '36 and his wife, Jean, Vollum College Center was built in 1980 on the site that was once the student union building (1938); later, the theatre building (1957), until it was destroyed by a fire (1969). The lecture hall, which seats 400, is used for lectures in introductory humanities, biology, and chemistry, and for guest lectures, panel discussions, and community film presentations. A lounge is available for art displays, receptions, and visiting speakers. The rest of the building is devoted to classrooms and to offices for staff and faculty members in humanities, social science, and literature.