Emergency Alert Service
Reed's Emergency Alert Service provides rapid notification to students, faculty, and staff in the event of an emergency. It is used ONLY for emergency communications (though the college will occasionally send messages to test the system). You have a choice of receiving emergency alerts via text message, cell phone, office phone, home phone, Reed email, other email, or ANY COMBINATION of the above. The service is provided to Reed by Rave Wireless. http://www.ravemobilesafety.com/campus/ravealert.html
Emerency Alert Service is Available for Students and Employees
- If you are a student, your Reed email address will be registered for the service automatically. If you wish to add personal contact information (such as cell phone, other email address, etc.) you can do so.
- If you are a faculty or staff member, your office phone number and Reed email address will be registered for the service automatically. If you wish to add personal contact information (such as cell phone, home phone, etc.) you can do so.
Please note that any text messaging or other charges billed by your wireless service provider are your responsibility.
Protecting Your Privacy
To Register for the Emergency Alert Service
- Log in to IRIS and click on Emergency Alert Service located under Personal Info.
- Enter your personal contact information.
- Click to accept the user agreement. You're done!
You can login to IRIS at any time to update your contact information, cancel the service, or temporarily suspend the service when you are away from the college.