What are Reed Campus Alerts?
Reed Campus Alerts are Reed's emergency notification systems. In a campus emergency, Reed's Emergency Response Team will use several information delivery methods to reach you because, at any given time, one form of communications might be better to reach you than another. Reed Campus Alerts will deliver messages using some or all of the following channels:
- Reed Campus Alerts, powered by Rave Mobile Safety, will deliver messages to your cell phone, office phone, home phone, and/or email.
- The Reed College homepage will be updated with an emergency banner message.
- Speakerphone voice communication will be made in many administrative areas of campus.
- Emergency.reed.edu, a website hosted outside of the Pacific Northwest, will be updated if the Reed network is unreachable and connectivity is down for an extended period of time. This site will be updated as frequently as technology allows and as soon as information is available.
What do I need to do to receive Reed Campus Alerts?
Reed Campus Alerts on cell phones, office phones, home phones, and/or email are available for current students, faculty, are staff. To manage your personal Reed Campus Alert settings, you can log in to IRIS at any time to update your contact information, cancel the service, or temporarily suspend the service when you are away from the college.
- If you are a student, your Reed email address will be registered for the service automatically. You are encouraged to add all your personal contact information, such as cell phone, other email address, etc. You can do so by visiting Reed Campus Alerts in IRIS.
If you are a faculty or staff member, your office phone number and Reed email address will be registered for the service automatically. You are encouraged to add all your personal contact information, such as cell phone, other email address, etc. You can do so by visiting Reed Campus Alerts in IRIS.
Where can I find more information about how Reed responds to emergencies?
Reed's Emergency Response Plan details responses to a variety of potential emergency situations. Please refer to this plan for those details.