SCORE ________ (80% = pass)
Print name: _______________________________ Date: ______________
Signature: _________________________________ Reed ID: ___________
1. All rooms containing equipment that produces X-rays will be labeled.
2. Why don’t ancillary personnel have to wear a personal radiation monitoring device?
3. Every person receives a measurable radiation dose each year.
4. Whom should you consult if you have safety concerns regarding radiation safety?
5. Which of these areas on campus uses radioactive materials?
6. With the concept of ALARA, what technique should be used with regard to time?
7. Which three basic techniques should be used for radiation protection?
8. Support staff and Community Safety should be aware of the principles of ALARA. What is ALARA?
9. Who is the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)?
10. In an area with the sign "Caution Radiation Area," you may remove trash that is NOT labeled radioactive.