Reed College Ancillary Personnel Radiation Safety Training Test
SCORE ________ (80% = pass)
Print name: _______________________________ Date: ______________
Signature: _________________________________ Reed ID: ___________
1. What colors are the warning signs for radioactive materials and radiation areas?
- yellow and magenta
- yellow and black
- yellow and red
- all of the above are possible.
2. All packages used to transport radioactive materials are labeled.
3. Which three basic techniques should be used for radiation protection?
- Time, Distance, and Safety
- Time, Direction, and Shielding
- Time, Distance, and Shielding
- Time, Direction, and Safety
4. Does routine cleaning occur in rooms with radiation-producing machines?
- Yes, but it is only done by authorized users of radioactive materials
- No, cleaning only occurs if there is a spill
- No, it is too dangerous to clean in these rooms
5. All rooms containing equipment that produces X-rays will be labeled.
6. Every person receives a measurable radiation dose each year.
7. Whom can you call in an emergency?
- Melinda Krahenbuhl
- Community Safety
- Kathleen Fisher
- All of the above
8. Which of the following statements is false?
- You may work in an area with a sign reading "Caution Radioactive Material" if requested and authorized by the Radiation Safety Officer.
- You may eat lunch in an area where radioactive materials are stored if they are tightly sealed up.
- You need permission and safety instructions to enter a room with X-ray equipment.
- You may NOT smoke in an area posted as "Radioactive Materials."
9. What is the telephone number for Community Safety?
10. Besides notifying your supervisor and/or the Radiation Safety Officer, what should you do if you find a spill in an area posted as "Radioactive Materials"?
- Clean it up
- Investigate how the spill occurred
- Close the door
- Ignore it and continue what you were doing