Reed College Ancillary Personnel Radiation Safety Training Test
SCORE ________ (80% = pass)
Print name: _______________________________ Date: ______________
Signature: _________________________________ Reed ID: ___________
1. All packages used to transport radioactive materials are labeled.
2. Why don’t ancillary personnel have to wear a personal radiation monitoring device?
- Their exposures are so low that it isn’t necessary
- It would be too costly
- Only reactor employees are legally required to wear them
- They only need to be worn around alpha emitters
3. If you find a spill in an area posted as containing "Radioactive Materials," whom should you contact?
- The Radiation Safety Officer
- Your supervisor
- Community Safety
- a and/or b
4. Is safety from radiation during pregnancy a serious concern?
- Yes, and any employee must consult with the Radiation Safety officer
- No, but any employee may consult with the Radiation Safety officer
- No, and no additional information is needed or available
- Yes, but no additional information is needed or available
5. What is the telephone number for Community Safety?
6. Which of the following statements is false?
- You may work in an area with a sign reading "Caution Radioactive Material" if requested and authorized by the Radiation Safety Officer.
- You may eat lunch in an area where radioactive materials are stored if they are tightly sealed up.
- You need permission and safety instructions to enter a room with X-ray equipment.
- You may NOT smoke in an area posted as "Radioactive Materials."
7. All rooms containing equipment that produces X-rays will be labeled.
8. Besides notifying your supervisor and/or the Radiation Safety Officer, what should you do if you find a spill in an area posted as "Radioactive Materials"?
- Clean it up
- Investigate how the spill occurred
- Close the door
- Ignore it and continue what you were doing
9. The guiding principle of radiation protection is to avoid all unnecessary:
- Warning signs
10. Which of these areas on campus uses radioactive materials?
- Biology Building
- Chemistry Building
- All of the above