SCORE ________ (80% = pass)
Print name: _______________________________ Date: ______________
Signature: _________________________________ Reed ID: ___________
1. Besides notifying your supervisor and/or the Radiation Safety Officer, what should you do if you find a spill in an area posted as "Radioactive Materials"?
2. Areas where radioactive materials are used are regularly tested for contamination (radiation where it does not belong).
3. Every person receives a measurable radiation dose each year.
4. Which three basic techniques should be used for radiation protection?
5. In an area with the sign "Caution Radiation Area," you may remove trash that is NOT labeled radioactive.
6. What colors are the warning signs for radioactive materials and radiation areas?
7. What does RSO stand for?
8. With the concept of ALARA, what technique should be used with regard to time?
9. Does routine cleaning occur in rooms with radiation-producing machines?
10. The guiding principle of radiation protection is to avoid all unnecessary: