SCORE ________ (80% = pass)
Print name: _______________________________ Date: ______________
Signature: _________________________________ Reed ID: ___________
1. Who is the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)?
2. Areas where radioactive materials are used are regularly tested for contamination (radiation where it does not belong).
3. What is the telephone number for Community Safety?
4. If you find a spill in an area posted as containing "Radioactive Materials," whom should you contact?
5. Support staff and Community Safety should be aware of the principles of ALARA. What is ALARA?
6. Which of these signs indicates a radioactive hazard?
7. What does RSO stand for?
8. Besides notifying your supervisor and/or the Radiation Safety Officer, what should you do if you find a spill in an area posted as "Radioactive Materials"?
9. Does routine cleaning occur in rooms with radiation-producing machines?
10. In a room with a sign reading "Caution Radioactive Material", which of the following are you permitted to do?