Project Goals | Build Quantitative Skills
Working closely with faculty, we will help them integrate data analysis, visualization, and presentation into their mid-level courses that have a quantitative focus. We will explore the use of cloud-based tools and mobile devices for quantitative work, and will offer support for scholars working with data sets and related software. Project activities include:
- Staff support for quantitative services:
- Ryan Clement, Data Services Librarian, develops and support a range of data management services for faculty and students.
- Kristin Bott, Instructional Technologist for Quantitative Applications, supports students and faculty in data-intensive courses.
- Rich Majerus, Instructional Technologist for Quantitative Applications, specializes in data visualization.
- Created the Data @ Reed support team with staff from CIS, the Library, and Academic Support Services.
- Collaborate with faculty to integrate data analysis, visualization, and presentation into their mid-level courses that have a quantitative focus.
- Define best practices data citation, visualization and presentation and integrate recommendations into courses and training materials.
- Develop technical infrastructure to provide software for geospatial, statistical, and computational analysis, and to store and manage associated data sets.
- Explore the use of cloud-based tools and mobile devices for data collection, visualization and presentation.
- Enhance two classrooms or labs to support teaching mid-level courses with a quantitative focus.