April 2011: DAM staff members are invited to Grinnell College to share our experiences about integrating digital collections into the liberal arts curriculum.
The CONTENTdm system now contains more than 100,000 images for American Studies, Art, Art History, Classics and Humanities. (Reed login required for some collections.)
The Digital Asset Management team is honored with the 2008 NWACC Hugi Excellence Award for Academic Technology for the creation of the Classics Image Database (Reed login required).Integrating Digital Collections into the Small College Curriculum is a collaborative project by Computing & Information Services, the Library, and the Visual Resources Collection to support the use of digital materials in the undergraduate curriculum. Core components of the project include:
- Implementation of a the CONTENTdm digital asset management system;
- Creation of a centralized repository of images and other digital materials;
- Development of sustainable processes for acquiring and cataloging digital content;
- Collaboration with faculty members to build content collections for their courses;
- Development of tools for student and faculty access to the collections.