Digital Asset Management in the Liberal Arts
Events & Presentations
- Integrating Digital Collections into the Liberal Arts College Curriculum, invited presentation at Grinnell College by Joanna Burgess, Douglas Fix, and Jason Parker, April 27, 2011.
- Collaborative Ventures, Collaborative Gains, panel discussion moderated by Karin Whalen, Visual Resources Association Annual Conference, March 27, 2011.
- Current DAMS In 3D: Access, Storage, And Preservation, presentation by Joanna Burgess and Karen Estlund (UO) at Online Northwest, February 11, 2011.
- Joanna Burgess serves on the ACRL/IRIG Visual Literacy Standards Task Force, responsible for authoring the draft ACRL/IRIG Visual Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education, currently in review by the ACRL Information Literacy Standards Committee.
- Joanna Burgess co-founded the ACRL Image Resources Interest Group (IRIG) as a forum for discussion of the development and support
of interdisciplinary image resources in academic libraries (2009) and served as Incoming Convener, 2009/2010, and Convener, 2010/2011.
- Joanna Burgess served on the American Library Association's ALCTS (Association for Library Collections and Technical Services) Metadata Interest Group as Program Co-Chair, 2008/2009, and Publications Chair, 2009/2010.
- Roundtable on Issues in Visual Resources Administration, panel discussion co-hosted by Karin Whalen at Visual Resources Association Annual Conference, March 19, 2009.
- Issues in Visual Resources Administration, workshop coordinated by Karin Whalen at Visual Resources Association Annual Conference, March 18, 2009.
- Customizing CONTENTdm for Teaching Across Curriculum, presentation by Angie Beiriger and Joanna Burgess at the CONTENTdm Western Users Group Meeting, June 4, 2009.
- Teaching with Digital Collections in the Humanities (ppt), presentation by Marianne Colgrove at Reed Alumni College, June 4, 2009.
- Reed College hosted Teaching with Digital Collections in the Liberal Arts Curriculum symposium, May 21-23, 2009.
- DAM If You Do! DAM If You Don't: Digital Asset Management at Reed College (ppt), presentation by Karin Whalen at the Northwest History and Heritage Extravaganza, April 18, 2009.
- Collaborating to Build Digital Teaching Collections: A Library/IT Partnership, presentation and contributed paper by Joanna Burgess and Jason Parker at the Association of College and Research Libraries Annual Conference, March 14th, 2009.
- CONTENTdm Digital Collection Showcase: CONTENTdm for Digital Teaching Collections in the Undergraduate Curriculum,
presentation by Joanna Burgess at the American Library Association
annual conference, June 28, 2008.
- Teaching with Digital Collections in the Liberal Arts Curriculum, NITLE Summit poster session, April 4, 2008, poster (jpg) and handout (pdf).
Teaching with Digital Collections in the Undergraduate Curriculum, EDUCAUSE Live! presentation, March 25, 2008.
- Reed College hosted NITLE Visual Literacy Workshop, March 19, 2008.
Digital Asset Management at Reed College (pdf), presentation by Joanna Burgess at CONTENTdm Western Users Group Meeting, July 2007.
- Reed College hosted the first annual OCLC Western CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting, July 23–24, 2007.
- Karin Whalen co-chaired the Implementation Committee for the Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management, Indiana University, Bloomington, June 24-30, 2007.
Reed College hosted the Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resource and Image Management, June 11–16, 2006.
- Presentation on Digital Asset Management to the Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges annual conference, Hamilton College, June 2006.
Keck Project Overview and CONTENTdm Demo, January 18, 2006.
- Reed College hosted Digital Asset Management Vendor Demonstration Day, June 6, 2005.
Reed College hosted DAM Survey of the Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges, June 2003.
- Reed College hosted Digital Asset Management Workshop, March 17–18, 2003.