Wow, we’re heading into Spring Semester, 2016. Here are some Community Wellness highlights from last semester!
Peer Health Advocates made three zines that covered different aspects of health and wellness:
- The zines are small brochures that PHAs create around one topic. This last semester, the topics covered were: ways to take a break, introvert & extrovert and sleep.
- Be on the lookout for more zines second semester!
Weekly events, such as Reedies Unwind and Meditation, helped 225 students unwind and decompress last semester.
- Reedies Unwind is a weekly event that is held in GCC 103. Stop by and craft with PHAs; as always, tea and snacks are provided.
- More event details coming soon!
The Tea + Pie saga continued with 3 faculty talks about wellness, hosted by the PHAs and Community Wellness.
- Tea + Pie events feature a short talk by a selected faculty member(s) and are followed with a Q&A.
- Oh, and of course there is pie!
Honor in an Avocado Pit
Get in touch with our Program Intern!
Anneleissa CoenHello lovelies, I am Anneleissa (they/them/their) and I am a transfer junior Sociology major. I was born and raised in Eugene, Oregon and absolutely adore the West Coast, so some of my favorite hobbies are backpacking, bicycling, capoeira, and hacky sack. During the school year I like to relax by knitting, watching Netflix, swing dancing, playing video games, or curling up with tea while I read. I also adore turtles. I am super excited to serve as both a Peer Health Advocate and Community Wellness Intern here at Reed because I love creating more supportive and positive spaces wherever I go! I am particularly passionate about fostering greater inclusivity across campus so that students from all backgrounds feel as though their wellbeing is cared for equally. If you have any fun ideas, questions about campus resources, or just want to see a smiling face, please feel free to hit me up!