Wow, we’re heading into Spring Semester, 2016. Here are some Community Wellness highlights from last semester!
Peer Health Advocates made three zines that covered different aspects of health and wellness:
- The zines are small brochures that PHAs create around one topic. This last semester, the topics covered were: ways to take a break, introvert & extrovert and sleep.
- Be on the lookout for more zines second semester!
Weekly events, such as Reedies Unwind and Meditation, helped 225 students unwind and decompress last semester.
- Reedies Unwind is a weekly event that is held in GCC 103. Stop by and craft with PHAs; as always, tea and snacks are provided.
- More event details coming soon!
The Tea + Pie saga continued with 3 faculty talks about wellness, hosted by the PHAs and Community Wellness.
- Tea + Pie events feature a short talk by a selected faculty member(s) and are followed with a Q&A.
- Oh, and of course there is pie!
Honor in an Avocado Pit
Get in touch with our Program Intern!
Olivia KilgoreHi, I’m Olivia and I am a senior sociology major. I am very excited to be working with Community Wellness as both a Peer Health Advocate and a Program Intern! I take a particular interest in finding creative ways of getting exercise (such as dance fitness classes), as well as sexual health and harm reduction. I also value inclusivity and diversity in all conversations surrounding health. Outside of this, I enjoy space, film, flowers and spending time with my wonderful dog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions, concerns or ideas about wellness at Reed!