Violent or criminal behavior
Bomb threats | Building evacuations | Civil disturbance | Earthquake | Fire | Hazardous materials | Media | Occupational health and safety | Suspicious mail or packages | Utility failure | Violent or criminal behavior
Violent or Criminal Behavior 788-6666
To reduce the risk of crime…
• Don’t leave your valuables (purse, wallet, backpack) unattended in an unlocked location.
• Lock residence, office, and car doors whenever you leave.
• Avoid walking or jogging in poorly lighted areas.
• Keep a record of all credit cards and serial numbers to personal property.
• When walking at night to the parking lot, have your keys ready. Escorts are available. Call 7533.
If you see or sense a suspicious situation…
Call 7533 using your campus extension or one of several emergency outdoor campus phones. If possible, provide the following information:
1. Nature of incident
2. Campus location of incident
3. Description of person(s) involved
4. Description of property involved
5. Location of people involved or direction they are headed
If you are describing a person try to note the individual’s
• gender, race, and age
• height, weight, hair color, and style
• complexion and any tattoos or scars
• wearing apparel and accessories
If there is a vehicle involved try to note
• the license state and number
• make and model
• color and dents or marks
• the direction it headed