Find IP and MAC Address on Windows
Find your IP address and MAC address on a Windows machine by following these steps:
- Open a Command Prompt window
- Type ipconfig and press enter/return
- The resulting output will show all of the network connections your computer is currently using.
- Look under Wireless LAN Adapter Wireless Network Connection to locate the IP address if you're using wireless, or,
- Look under Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection if you're using ethernet.
- Scroll to the end of the results. Type getmac and press enter/return
- The MAC addresses for your wireless and ethernet connections will be listed under Physical Address