Printing from the mLab Laser Printer (for faculty)
We recently replaced our black-and-white and color laser printers with a new Okidata C5650dn laser printer that offers duplex printing in both black and white and color. It's available for faculty to use in the lab any time. If you would like to print to this printer from your office computer, the setup process is different from the ones for other shared printers around campus. Please follow the steps below, and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- Download the driver for your operating system from http://downloads.reed.edu or from the cd (normally located next to the printer)
- Run the utility (Mac users: make sure you have the correct version of the driver).
- Windows: accept the licensing agreement and click "Install Driver". Select "Network printer (directly attached to the network using TCP/IP)". Follow the rest of the onscreen instructions.
- Mac: accept the licensing agreement and follow the onscreen instructions. Ignore warnings about Rosetta. If you don’t have it, your computer will install it.
- Mac: open System Preferences (in your Dock or the Apple menu at the top left of the screen) and select Printers and Faxes. You will see a list of your printers on the left. Click the "+" button at the bottom. (If you would like to remove the old fml printers from your list, single-click them, then click the "–" button). Select "More Printers" and then "Oki TCP/IP”.
- Enter "mlab.printers.reed.edu" (without the quotes) as the printer address.
- Click the "Add" button to finish setting up the printer.