Printing from the mLab Laser Printer (for faculty)
The mLab recently replaced the black-and-white and color laser printers with a new Okidata C5650dn laser printer that offers duplex printing in both black-and-white and color. It's available for faculty to use in the mLab any time. To print to this printer from an office computer, the setup process is different from other shared printers around campus. Please follow the steps below and email email@example.com with any questions!
- Download the driver for your operating system from http://downloads.reed.edu or from the Okidata website.
- Run the .exe file if on Windows, or open the .dmg if on Mac (Mac users: make sure you have the correct version of the driver).
- Windows: accept the licensing agreement and click Install Driver. Select Network printer (directly attached to the network using TCP/IP). Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions.
- Windows: If you would like to configure this or a different printer as your default, navigate to Printers and Faxes in your start menu, locate the C5650, right-click and set as default.
- Mac: Double-click the .pkg file, accept the licensing agreement, and follow the onscreen instructions. Ignore warnings about Rosetta; if you don’t have it, your computer will install it.
- Mac: open System Preferences (in your Dock or the Apple menu at the top left of the screen) and select Print & Scan. You will see a list of your printers on the left. Click the "+" button at the bottom. Select More Printers if the option is available, and select "Oki TCP/IP”. (If you would like to remove the old mLab/faculty multimedia lab printers from your list, single-click them, then click the "–" button).
- Mac: If the printer does not show up on your list, click IP in the add menu and enter 188.8.131.52 as the address. You may change the name box below, but do not change the address. Set the use dropdown as auto-select or navigate to OKI C5650 under other.
- Click the add button to finish setting up the printer.