K9-Mail Setup on Android
K9-Mail is a free email app that we recommend for Android devices.
- Download K9-Mail from the Android Market.
- After installation, launch K9-Mail.
- Click Next to setup a new email account.
- When prompted, enter your Reed email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- For Account type, choose IMAP
- Enter the following on the Incoming server settings screen:
- IMAP server: imap.reed.edu
- Security type: SSL (always)
- Authentication type: PLAIN
- Port: 993
- Enter the following on the Outgoing server settings screen:
- SMTP server: smtp.reed.edu
- Security type: TLS (always)
- Port: 587
- Require sign-in: checked
- Authentication type: Automatic
- Use all other default options. When prompted to give this account a name, enter something like Reed. You will also need to enter your name (e.g, First Last) which is how your name is displayed to others when you send an email.