Critical Flash Player Update - 2/24/2014
Adobe recently released a critical update for their Flash Player software, embedded in most web browsers. The update addresses vulnerabilities in Flash that are being actively exploited "in the wild" on the internet which allows an attacker to gain access to your Mac, Windows, or Linux computer. Please read below to learn how to keep your Reed-owned and personal computers safe.
- What faculty/staff should do for their Reed computer
- What everyone should do for their personal computer
- More information about the update
If the Managed Software Update app is not installed on your Reed computer, you should follow the instructions below for personal computers. Over time, Managed Software Updates will be installed on all Reed computers. Please contact the CUS Help Desk at x7525 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Learn more about how CIS manages software updates.
We encourage everyone to update personal computers as soon as possible. The process is different depending on your web browser:
- Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer users should update their Flash player by visiting Adobe's website: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- The Flash update for Chrome is included in the latest download of the Chrome web browser: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
More information about the Flash vulnerability is at the following websites:
Please contact the CUS Help Desk with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-777-7525.