DIVISION OF STUDENT SERVICES
Resources and Opportunities for Alumni
Welcome Reed alumni! Thank you for visiting the career services web pages.
How you can help…
Ignite the Imagination of Reedies and Inspire Career Exploration!
Join the Alumni Career Network, a group of alumni who provide valuable information, advice, and referrals to Reedies as they pursue career goals, graduate school, or professional school.
- Helps Reedies to connect with other Reedies in specific fields and/or geographical areas.
- Allows Reedies to see and get inspired by where other Reedies have landed.
The online database:
- Provides secure, searchable career information posted by network volunteers.
- Includes an open field where volunteers can post brief descriptions of their jobs, as well as comments about the Reed experience!
NOTE: If you have not set up your Kerberos account, go to https://iris.reed.edu first. On that page, you will see instructions to set up your Kerberos account. THEN:
STEP ONE: Log into the volunteer page in IRIS at
STEP TWO: Update your information and add comments to your profile at
- NOTES: We recommend that you set your preferences to show your employer and contact information.
- Under the column, "Volunteering," there is a link to "Career Network Profile." This is where you may update your brief description and comments.
- We encourage you to add the address to your LinkedIn or Facebook page to your IRIS profile!
Other ways to help
- Submit job or internship opportunities (Connects to an online form).
- Visit the Internship Advantage page to learn about becoming an IA partner.
- Sponsor a Reed Winter Externship.
- Tell us your ideas. We would love to hear your suggestions on how to connect students and alumni. E-mail us.
Services for you…
If you are here to seek resources and information to further your own career objectives, we are glad to provide qualified levels of assistance.
The best resource we can offer is the Alumni Career Network. You can search to find other alumni who are part of this valuable career consulting network.
For Alumni one to five years out from graduation, we provide all the same career/ graduate school search services as we do for our current students, including online subscriptions and databases. Visit the Student Page to learn more.
For Alumni five years or more out from graduation, we invite you to use our Web site that contains information on both job and graduate school search. We also offer one consultation with a Career Counselor.
Alumni Relations offers other opportunities to volunteer and many activities. Please visit their page to learn more about upcoming alumni events.