Perkins Loans in Repayment
Reed College is the lender for the Federal Perkins Loan Program and repayment is made to the college. You will receive bills from ACS, our billing servicer. Our ACS bill will request that you make your check payable to Reed College. Repayment of the loan does not begin until nine months after you have ceased being at least a half-time student at Reed. This nine-month period is called a grace period because during this time, no payments are due and interest does not accrue.
If you are attending an accredited school, either here or abroad, at least half time, you may qualify for deferment. To see if your school qualifies please check the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website.
Reed College Business Office
3203 SE Woodstock Blvd
Portland, OR 97202-8199
Ph. (503) 777-7504
Fax (503) 788-6687
Our billing servicer, Xerox Education Services (formerly ACS), offers the following on-line services to help you with your loan. You may also contact them at (866) 575-4517.
- Check the status of your account and verify financial data such as your balance, payment history, payoff amount, and interest information.
- Change your address and phone number.
- Make your Perkins loan payment with ExpressPay for no fee. *
- Apply for automatic payments / ACH.
* This option is not available for credit card payments. If you want to make a payment by credit card, you may do so through Tuition Mangaement Systems (TMS) by choosing the Pay In Full option, but there is a 2.99% convenience fee.
Federal Perkins Cancellation
Federal Perkins & Reed Loan Request for Deferment
Federal Perkins Request for Deferment Due to Economic Hardship
Federal Perkins & Reed Loan Request for Forbearance
Federal Perkins & Reed Loan Request for Unemployment Deferment
Reed College Federal Perkins Release Form
Application for Automatic Payment