Perkins Loan Counseling
Students who borrow a Federal Perkins Loan are required to complete loan counseling each academic year before they receive a new disbursement and again shortly before graduating or otherwise leaving school. Both of these sessions will take about 20 minutes and will require your Social Security Number and date of birth. You will also be asked to enter two references in addition to your parents' contact information (full name, street address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number including area code).
The most common reasons we are unable to accept Perkins Loan counseling as complete are:
- References may not reside at the same address as yourself, your parents or your other reference.
- Parents will not be accepted as a reference.
- Please provide your billing address, not your Reed address.
- Please provide a non-Reed email address for yourself.
- Reed affiliates (employers, academic advisors, students or professors) will not be accepted as a reference.
If you are borrowing a Federal Perkins Loan at Reed, click on entrance counseling.
If you are about to graduate or otherwise leave Reed, click on exit counseling.
Please contact the business office at 503/777-7505 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.