- Fellowships and Awards
Information on a variety of undergraduate awards, coordinated by the Reed College Fellowships and Awards Committee.
- Summer Collaborative Research Grants in the Social Sciences (Corbett and Goldhammer Programs)
Information and application requirements about grants for research on public policy issues or economics and natural resources.
- Corinne and C.L.M. Pouteau Fund Travel Grants for French Study Abroad
Information and application requirements about grants for study of French in foreign countries.
- Davis Projects for Peace
Davis Projects for Peace is an invitation for undergraduate students (including current seniors) to design grassroots projects that they will implement during the summer. The projects judged to be the most promising and do-able will be funded at $10,000 each.
- Eddings Opportunity Grants for English Majors
Eddings Opportunity Grants are funded as part of a generous bequest from David Eddings, class of 1954, and are dedicated to the support of English majors’ research, scholarship, and writing.
- Elizabeth Ducey Summer Internships in Public Policy
Information on grants for public policy-related summer internships.
- Initiative Grants in Undergraduate Research
Information and application forms for Reed grants to support student research projects.
- Jim Kahan Performing Arts Summer Fellowship
A generous gift from Jim Kahan '64 has made possible one or more stipends of up to a total of $2,400 to enable students to develop or make a major contribution to a music, dance, or theater performance during summer 2015.
- Kaspar T. Locher Summer Creative Scholarships
Information and application requirements for summer creative scholarships in creative writing, visual arts, theater, dance and music.
- The Mary Barnard Academy of American Poets Prize Contest
Submission guidelines for the annual award for the best poem or group of poems by a Reed undergraduate.
- Mellon Environmental Studies Summer Experience Fellowship
Support for continuing Reed students pursuing environmentally-themed summer opportunities for which no compensation is otherwise available. These opportunities might include internships at nonprofit agencies or field research internships/training on or off campus.
- McGill-Lawrence Internship Awards
Information about grants for students working in low-paying or volunteer summer internships in the public or non-profit sectors.
- Opportunity Grants
Information and the application form for grants to take advantage of an academically valuable opportunity.
- Reed College Science Research Fellowship
Description and application guidelines for student/faculty collaborative research in the sciences.
- Reed Fellowship for Winter International Travel
The Fellowship for Winter International Travel provides opportunities for travel abroad over winter break to pursue projects that students have devised. The grants, up to $3000, will allow 5-10 students per year to design and implement a project during which the student engages with people and experiences that expand the student’s perspectives and his/her multicultural competence.
- Reed President's Summer Fellowship
Application deadline is Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 2:00pm. The program will award $5000 to as many as 10 students. It is intended to encourage current first year students, sophomores, and juniors to plan and develop a creative and innovative experience that can be carried out over the course of a summer. Applicants are encouraged to consider the high value the college places on critical inquiry, freedom of expression, and exploration of identity, and to look for opportunities to complement and enhance their rigorous academic experience.
- Rothchild Summer Stipend for Music Study
The Music Department of Reed College will sponsor a stipend of up to $1800 for music study during the summer.
- Ruby-Lankford Grants
Information about grants for faculty-student collaborative research in the Humanities.
- Student Opportunity Subsidy (SOS) Grants
- Reed Student Senate is funding summer opportunities through the recently created Student Opportunity Subsidy program. Student Opportunity Subsidies are need-aware and can be used to fund unpaid internships, summer research, participation in an academic conference, other constructive summer activities.
- Ester Hyatt Wender Fund
Funding is available from the Esther Hyatt Wender Fund to facilitate and financially support summer research in psychology by teams of Reed College faculty and students. This fellowship was created through the generous donation of Reed alumna Dr. Esther Wender ’58, a philosophy major who enjoyed a renowned career as a researcher, child psychologist and early expert in the study of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Esther credits Reed with giving her the tools to rise to leadership positions by teaching her how to think, analyze and come up with good ideas.