Working Weekend was designed with students’ career development needs in mind. February is a critical month for students to be clear about how to move forward with their summer plans, including internships and permanent positions.
We had three measurable post-Working Weekend goals:
- Participating students reflected on choices and developed a “next steps” plan
- Mentors and students connected in meaningful ways that extend their understanding of career paths and fields
- Employers connected with students who are interested in specific opportunities for internships and full-time positions
Coinciding with the February Reed Board of Trustee Meeting, Working Weekend afforded Trustees the opportunity to see students exploring life beyond Reed with the help of Reed mentors.
Job & Internship Fayre, Friday, Feb 5, 2:30 – 5 p.m.
Get prepared with tips from CLBR on how to work a Job Fayre!
WW Workshops, Saturday, February 6, 12 – 4:30 p.m.
6 workshops mapped to Communities of Purpose:
- Arts & beauty in the world
- Civil living in urban areas
- Global healthcare & the cure of illness
- Human potential, education & success
- Investing & finance
- Sustainable life on earth