Financial Services Fellowship
The Financial Services Fellowship gives students who are interested in financial services or quantitative fields hands-on experience through an intensive trip to New York City. All expenses are paid through the generosity of a Reed trustee.
Eight students will have the opportunity to meet alumni and financial leaders. The trip will include
- business dinners with alumni and trustees of the College;
- an opportunity to shadow professionals in the workplace and get a sense of day-to-day operations and discuss specific jobs and careers in the field;
- a tour of a trading floor;
- one-one-one meetings with financial services professionals.
Candidates must be currently enrolled at Reed with sophomore or junior standing. Those applications that demonstrate strong analytical skills will be favored, although math and quantitative courses are not required; in fact, one of the objectives of the program is to expose students from all disciplines to the wide variety of roles in the financial services industry.
The application due date has not yet been set for 2015.
Applications will be available online.
Applicaitons will need to include
- answers to a series of questions designed to allow the selection committee, composed of Reed College investment committee trustees, to learn who you are and why you are interested in being a Financial Services Fellow;
- a current copy of your resume.
Review & Notification
Top candidates will be selected for a telephone interview with selection committee members. Fellows will be announced around mid-December.
Fellows will engage in a variety of pre-trip activities prior to the trip during spring semester.