Winter Externship Program
Winter Externships are a chance for first, second, and third year Reedies to spend an intense period during winter break learning more about a career path of interest.
Students have had a variety of meaningful experiences during externships, including the following:
- Exploring career paths within a company/organization
- Having informational interviews with employees
- Observing interactions with customers and clients
- Meeting with decision makers
- Touring facilities
- Attending staff meetings
- Assisting with projects or tasks
Applications are due no later than 12 p.m. noon on Tuesday, October 21, 2014.
This year, externships will take place across the country from January 5 to 16, 2015. It is not essential that you have expertise in a given area, but it is essential that you show true interest in learning more about the field represented by the externship you choose. Call Brooke Hunter, assistant director for strategic partnerships, at 503/788-6698, with questions about the externships and the application process.
- Upload a .pdf of your resume.
- Name your resume using the following convention: FirstInitialLastName_ExternshipTitle_Month_Year. Example:BHunter_ShrtStryWriting_1_2015.pdf
- Placement notification emails will be sent by day's end on Thursday, November 6.
- All accepted Winter Externs must attend one of two Winter Externship sessions; meeting dates will be announced in the fall.
- Externs must submit one blog post—with photos—between 300 and 750 words, reflecting on the externship experience, by Friday, February 6, 2015. Blog posts should be submitted via email. You will learn more about this at the fall meeting.