SEEDS (Students for Education, Empowerment, and Direct Service) connects Reed students to our wider community in an effort to complement Reed's academic program, inform students’ personal and career development, and to create and sustain a positive impact within the communities served.
- allows Reed to provide support to the Portland community;
- educates students about the "real world";
- serves as a strong community-building influence on campus;
- presents students with positive, educational, and healthy opportunities for recreation.
Welcome (and welcome back) Reedies! Ready to get involved? Check out our 2013–14 SEEDS Programs! Opportunities range from teaching ESL, through Voz Workers' Rights Education Project, to adult day labors to providing outreach, though Community Engagement programs, to folks experiencing hunger or homelessness. Our numerous youth tutoring and teaching programs include LASER, SMART, Eye to Eye, and Friends of the Children.
Remember special projects and internships, like the Davis Projects for Peace.
Have Federal Work-Study? You can get paid through our Off-Campus Federal Work-Study Program!
Use Symplicity to find SEEDS programs and partners!
- Go to IRIS-->Employment & Volunteer Search-->Off Campus Federal Work Study & Volunteer Listings
- Click on "Jobs"
- Use "Advanced Search"--> Position Type: "Volunteer/Federal Work Study"
- Do a new Advanced Search --> SEEDS Partner?: "Yes"
- To find FWS-eligible programs, type “FWS” into the search bar