DIVISION OF STUDENT SERVICES
The Center for Life Beyond Reed
Winter Externship Program
Welcome to Reed College Winter Externships
Externships take place in multiple cities between January 6—17, 2014. Externships are available only to first, second, and third year Reed students, including those who graduate in December of 2014.
October 1, 2013: Externship sponsorship is closed for the 2014 externship window.
Thanks to all forty externship sponsors, who created winter opportunities for nearly 80 Reed students!
To Participate: Students
It is not essential for you to have expertise in a given area. It IS essential that you show true interest in learning more about the field represented by the sponsor of the externship you choose.
Examples of Externship Activities
- Explore career paths within the company/organization
- Meet with colleagues and staff of your sponsor for informational interviews
- Observe interactions with customers or clients
- Meet with decision makers
- Tour facilities
- Attend company staff meetings
- Assist with projects or tasks
************Applications are due no later than 12 p.m. noon on Tuesday, October 15.************
Upload a .pdf version of your resume.
- After your resume and application are received, Beyond Reed may suggest revisions in your application materials.
- Revisions are due no later than 12 p.m. noon on Tuesday, October 22.
- Placement notification takes place through email by day's end on Thursday, October 31.
*PLEASE name your resume using the following convention: first initiallast name_externship title_month_year
All accepted Reed Winter Externs must attend one of the two Reed Externship sessions. Those meeting dates will be announced soon.
- ******** Applications for January 2014 are due: 12 p.m. noon, Tuesday, October 15. ********
- Revisions due 12 noon, Tuesday, October 22.
- Placement notification: Notification will occur through email by day's end on Thursday, October 31.
- Mandatory Reed Winter Externship info sessions will be scheduled soon.