Discover Reed Fly-in Program
What is the Discover Reed Fly-in Program?
Reed invites a highly qualified group of high school seniors from around the US to campus on October 9-11 for a three-day, two-night exploration of Reed and the City of Portland. Students stay in residence halls with current students and participate in Discover Reed, a program of classroom visits and student-professor engagement opportunities. Just ten minutes from downtown Portland, Reed also arranges trips to explore highlights of the city. All travel is arranged and paid for by the college (including flights to and from Portland). Applications are due by September 6 at 11:59PM.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
- be a high school senior;
- live in the United States;
- be from a historically underrepresented racial or ethnic background (African-American, Asian-American, Latino-American, Middle-Eastern American, and Pacific Islander backgrounds);
- be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
How Do I Apply?
The application includes
- online application;
- two short essays;
- SAT, ACT, PSAT scores;
- high school transcript;
- if accepted to the program, Coalition Application or Common Application submission (applying as a Regular Decision, Early Decision I, or Early Decision II applicant) will be required by late September.
While the application is available online, there are three methods by which you can send your supplemental materials:
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fax 503/777-7553, ATTN: Application Coordinator-Discover Reed Fly-in Program
- Postal mail, postmarked by the deadline:
Application Coordinator - Discover Reed Fly-in Program
Reed College Office of Admission
3203 SE Woodstock Blvd.
Portland, OR 97202
Contact Wayne Kim, Assistant Dean of Admission.