You are considered an international applicant if you are not a US citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States.
International applicants follow the same application procedures as domestic applicants, both first-year and transfer, with the following additions:
- Certification of Finances (required: this form will be used to create the Student Visa document if you are admitted to and choose to enroll at Reed College)
- CSS PROFILE (required for international applicants who wish to apply for financial aid: international applicants admitted without financial aid are not eligible to receive financial aid throughout their time at Reed)
- TOEFL or IELTS (recommended: this is especially encouraged for international applicants who do not speak English at home; who attend a school where the language of instruction is not English; or who have an SAT critical reading score below 600. The average TOEFL score for international students entering Reed is approximately 650 paper-based and 110 internet-based)
- If you are a permanent resident of the United States you must submit a photocopy of your Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
If you have additional questions about applying as an international student contact Senior Assistant Dean of Admission Virginia Groves-Katz.
- Reed College test codes
- SAT 4654
- ACT 3494
- TOEFL 4654
- Reed College PROFILE code 4654