Maple LeafCanadian Student Guide


The most complete guide for Canadian applicants to Reed College is Reed's International Student Guide, but you will find additional useful information here.

Reed College encourages Canadian students to apply for admission, and the college receives applications and enrolls students from throughout Canada. Reed recognizes that each province follows a different set of secondary school graduation requirements and expects students to pursue a course of study that qualifies them for admission into universities within their home province.

How to apply
Required tests
Reed’s financial aid policies for Canadians
Applying for aid
Download the International Student Guide (pdf)

Applying to Reed

Canadian students should follow the admission requirements for U.S. students. Students seeking admission to Reed as freshmen must submit an application form, a secondary school report form and transcript, two recommendations from teachers in different academic disciplines, and writing samples. 

Required tests

ClassroomIn addition, the Committee on Admission requires that applicants forward the results of one of the following sets of entrance examinations: the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I) or the American College Test (ACT). (The Reed SAT identifying number is 4654, and the ACT identifying number is 3494.) The committee also strongly encourages students to submit the results of three SAT IIs, including the Writing test of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB). In order for the admission office to make a timely decision, all admission tests should be taken no later than January of the senior year in high school. Students should ask the appropriate testing agency to report the test scores directly to Reed. Information on these testing programs is available in high school guidance offices; it is the responsibility of the applicant to make the necessary arrangements for taking the examinations at the appropriate time.

Financial Aid policies for Canadians

CampusThe financial aid process for Canadian students is identical to the aid process for all other international students.

Applying for Aid

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you must complete the College Scholarship Service's (CSS) Profile. For information about Profile applications, go to Please keep in mind that all students who receive financial assistance or an offer of employment while attending Reed College must obtain a U.S. social security number. You may ask the nearest U.S. embassy for information about how to get a U.S. social security number.

We look forward to receiving your application. If you have questions, please write or call Keith Todd, Dean of Admission at 800/547-4750.

BuildingBiologyCanadian Flag