We are inviting all members of the Reed community who may be interested in increasing their activity and tracking their steps to join together for self and group motivation towards increased movement and health.
We plan to offer a few different options for participants, depending on interest. Some ideas include:
- A basic tracking grid that allows each participant to set their own goals and track how well they do
- Friendly competitions between different individuals and/or groups (separating those who are just starting out walking from those who regularly run, inter-departmental challenges, etc.)
- Some group walks and/or runs for those who are motivated by connecting with others
- Some potlucks with participants to provide more opportunities to meet others who are also interested in increasing their movement
- Sharing of good walking and/or running routes, and tips and tricks for increasing movement in our lives
- Potential prizes for goals achieved and challenges won
- And more: your suggestions are welcome!
Individuals are welcome to participate as much or as little as they choose. Knowing that this is a busy time of year, individuals are also welcome to start and stop as they choose. Steps can be counted by each individual however they’d like (pedometer, fitbit or similar device, translation of miles to steps, etc). Honor principle applies.
TO SIGN UP:
- Click HERE and enter your name and step goals (You can sign up anytime!)
- See line one for example
- Enter your totals daily
- Check back to see how you did! (The grid will track your progress towards your weekly goal)
To find out more, ask questions, or share suggestions, please reach out to Kelsey Wirtzfeld.
We look forward to connecting with you! Come join us! Everyone is welcome. SIGN UP TODAY!
For more information, contact Kelsey Wirtzfeld.
Submitted by Julie Shannon.
Posted on Feb 21, 2017
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.