Every month Reedies across North America gather for Thirsty Third Thursday (TTT), which oddly enough happens usually on the third Thursday of each month. Sometimes they meet up at a brewpub, other times there are special events related to arts, sports, and other modes of discourse. It started in just a few cities, but now Thirsty Third Thursday has grown so big it requires a page of its own. Click here to see them all.
If you'd like to organize an event in your own geographic area:
- Select event, and preferred date (picnic, potluck, trip to a park, concert, or museum).
- Select location (may be intrinsic in event) and determine what reservations might be necessary.
- Write up a description (when, where, why, and how) and send it to email@example.com at least four weeks before event for inclusion in the TTT mass email and/or to serve as a region-specific invitation that the alumni office can send for you.
- Collect RVSPs (and any money necessary).
- Greet guests and act as general host (not necessarily financial "host").
- Report back on the success of the event, including a list of attendees.
What the alumni office can offer in the way of support and promotion:
- Send email invitation to area alumni at least two weeks in advance. We can sometimes send a printed invitation, budget and time permitting. We can sometimes send a second reminder email too, depending on timing.
- List event on alumni webpages and social-media channels.
- Offer some financial support, sign contracts.
- Provide lists of email addresses for individual outreach to potential attendees.
To get something cooking, send your questions and great ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org!