DIVISION OF STUDENT SERVICES
Academic Support Services
Resources For Current Tutors
- The Tutor Tracking page includes directions and links for submitting information about the hours you work as a tutor. Remember that this information needs to be submitted to us separately from your GPS/Bannerweb timesheet. (Resources to help with Banner payroll are available at www.reed.edu/gps/gps_student.html.)
- Check the Tutor Moodle for recent announcements, or to post sub requests for drop-in center shifts.
- List of available individual tutors. Remember that you can update your status for any course at any time in IRIS.
- Current drop-in tutoring schedules:
- The Tutor Feedback Form provides a way for tutees to submit feedback about a particular tutor. If you'd like to receive more feedback, consider sharing that page with your tutees.
Here you'll find the lastest electronic version of the handouts included in your orientation packeet.
- The Tutor Handbook contains valuable information about the nuts and bolts of working as a tutor at Reed, as well as plenty of advice for becoming a more effective tutor.
- Tutor Job Description.
- The Student Services Resources page includes descriptions and contact informaton for the various offices in Student Services.
- Things You Need to Know About Working at the DoJo. A guide for drop-in tutors and individual tutors using the space.
- What Would Socrates Say to Undergraduate Tutors?
- Drop-in tutor handbook. Information specific to the drop-in tutoring role.
Becoming a Tutor
To be a tutor:
- You must be recommended by a faculty member to tutor a specific course or subject. If you are interested in tutoring for a particular course, we encourage you to discuss it with a faculty member that is familiar with your work in that subject area. This is often, but not necessarily, the instructor you had for the course.
- You must have a cumulative Reed GPA of 3.0.
- You must attend a new tutor orientation. (You will receive an invitation to attend once we receive a faculty recommendation and confirm that your GPA meets the requirement.)